As this situation evolves, we will regularly update this page to provide the most up to date information on how we're protecting our team members, customers, and communities. First and foremost, we are committed to maintaining the quality of excellence and service our customers have come to expect. We will identify contingency plans as the need arises to ensure we continue to service your needs.
April 22, 2020:
Many customers have asked if we have a sufficient volume of stock available amid COVID-19 and its global supply chain impacts. The simple answer is yes. We understand that when things go back to normal, your major projects will need to be back on track as soon as possible. Due to this you may experience a sudden surge in demand for our products and services. Please be aware that the same will be experienced by other industry players as well. You can mitigate this by preparing now! Contact us today to see how we can help you stock up and prepare for business as usual.
April 6, 2020:
Although we have minimized onsite visits, our team of sales consultants and engineers are still available to service your needs remotely. The world has been challenged to utilize technology in new ways throughout this situation, and at Swagelok, we're being intentional about equipping our teams to maintain the same level of engagement with our customers. Whether you need application support, an engineer to diagnose an issue you're seeing, or even training for your team, we're here for you.
March 24, 2020:
As we navigate through this unprecedented time, Swagelok Louisiana remains open for business. Local governments have mandated all non-essential businesses to close to stop the spread of COVID-19. As a company providing essential products and services to critical industries, we will continue to serve our customers.
Like all of you, Swagelok Louisiana has enacted plans to remain available to our customers while making every effort to keep our associates, customers, and community safe during this unprecedented worldwide COVID-19 pandemic. We have rigorous risk mitigation and supply chain programs that account for some level of unplanned disruption. These plans ensure our ability to continue to service your needs with the quality and attention to detail you have come to expect. We also maintain a strong supply of local inventory at our 4 distribution centers throughout the state. Our commitment to excellence in quality and service is unwavering even during these challenging times.
To mitigate risk, while maintaining our ability to serve the industry, we have enacted the following plans:
- Internally, we are increasing the depth of our daily sanitizing of common areas, encouraging associates to wash hands regularly and stay home if they are sick or returning from an area identified as a coronavirus-related risk, as well as discouraging handshakes or unnecessary personal contact.
- Working remote has also been implemented for much of our workforce as we attempt to limit close interactions. A skeleton crew of essential personnel remains at our offices to maintain the flow of goods and ensure continuity of support to all our customers.
- We have encouraged our outside technical advisors to use virtual communication when possible. You may start seeing a reduced presence on-site to limit potential transmission and to comply with site restrictions. Please know we will resume regular visits once the risk of transmission is lowered. Rest assured our team is available via phone, email, and conference applications.
- We ask that customers please limit visits to our offices for pickup or walk-in orders. Our Customer Service team is happy to assist with orders via phone or email and can get those shipped directly to you.
- Vendor Managed Inventories: We want to work with each of our customers to establish a plan that works for your specific needs. In general, we are shifting to having replenishment orders shipped and reducing our presence on-site. We will work with you to develop a stocking plan that meets your requirements during this time.
We understand these precautions may impact the way our companies interact over the coming months, but we can’t emphasize enough that our primary focus is the health of our associates, customers, and local communities while maintaining the proper support you require. We appreciate your patience and understanding, as this is a fluid situation. If there are ways we can support you differently during this time, we are happy to do so. Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions or concerns.